Friday, March 23, 2007

WoW Widow



I was in denial but after weeks of going to bed by myself, I've come to the hard cold realization that I am now a WoW widow. I should have listened to the warnings of my sister-in-law when my husband's brother bought him this game as a chance for them to bond. She warned me that it was very addicitve but I took it lightly, thinking he needed to replace the Myth game he had been playing over and over for 6 years. I am partially to blame. I urged him to check the game out. After all, his brother had spent his hard earned money to buy it and was probably anxiously waiting for him to start it. Besides, him and his brother needed something to have in common. What an idiot I was. Boy, I might as well have pulled the trigger- same thing. It didn't bother me at first because this was his way of "decompressing" from work. However, it is slowly starting to reach my boiling point. I am probably walking on thin ice by talking about this but I really need to vent my frustrations somewhere. Can you believe there are actually WoW widow support groups out there? My daughter is too young to be an "Orgrimmar orphan." They need to put a warning label on the packaging of that game that states "This could be hazardous to the health of your relationship." I have to give him credit though. He does try to squeeze in some quality time with us, but I can't help but feel jealous. What does that game have that I don't have? There must be some built in hypnotizing or cult like ingredient. The people who play these things do try to get other people to join. I've seen my husband trying to get his sister to join in. It eerily feels like "Invasion of the Body Snatchers." How do I fight this thing? How do I become as equally seductive so I don't lose him forever? This is such a hilarious predicament I am in. Other women lose their husbands to the arms of a beautiful woman. I think I am losing mine to a computer game.

1 comment:

Lily said...

Hi El,

Welcome to my world. My hubby is/was a computer-everything addict. LOL. Enjoy reading your blog.

Lily