Sunday, March 11, 2007

I want to remember this moment...


I watch my daughter sleeping and all I could think of is that I want to remember this moment... She is 4 months old today and I feel like time has gone too fast. I was at work yesterday and my husband called me to tell me she just had her first laugh. I don't want to miss anything she does for the first time. This is one of the reasons why I did not want to put her in daycare. I don't want to be told by someone else that she said her first word or did her first step. I want to be there for it all. I think this is why I finally got motivated to actually start blogging. When I did my first entry 2 years ago, it was half hearted. I had wanted to document the trips that we had taken, the places we had seen. But this has more meaning. Now I want to chronicle every little thing she does. I might not get another chance. Hopefully this will help me savor the moment.
I remember the joy of seeing her actually smile at us for the first time. Not the "passing gas" smile but the "Good Morning Isa" smile. I love it when she looks at herself in the mirror and smiles shyIy. I love it when she finds that comfortable spot in the crook of my arms and falls asleep. I remember how nice it felt when she use to try to nuzzle on my chest. I love to watch the ever changing expressions on her face especially when she sleeps...that big toothless grin or how about when she raises her left brow. It makes me wonder if babies dream and if they do what do they see. She has this curious look about her when I walk her around the house like she is trying to figure things out. I love it when she kicks her legs when she gets excited. I love it when she tries to talk to you with all her "ah goos" and "oh yeahs." I like to think we are actually having a conversation. I love it when she stretches or still keeps her legs tucked in a fetal position when she sleeps. I love to hear her squeal when she is watching her mobile. We were delighted when she found her thumb and started soothing herself. Now she has found her feet as well. I love watching her splash in the tub. I love how she falls asleep so peacefully when I breastfeed her. As pathetic as it may seem, I even love remembering how happy we felt when she had her first poop or how funny it was when one of her explosions hit me in the face while I stood at the end of the changing table watching my mom clean her. I am tickled everytime I hear how loud and adult like her fart sounds.
I get this knot in my throat whenever I think about her...how blessed we are that we have been given this chance. I hope that I will raise a happy child. I hope that she will feel how much we love her and how much joy she has brought to us already. I thought that it was just a cliche' when people said that having a baby will change your life. But it's true. It changes your life for the better...

1 comment:

Lek said...

What great entry - you're such a great mom. Soon enough Isa will understand how lucky she really is to have loving mother such as yourself.

Lek