Sunday, March 25, 2007

Let me see my Isa rollll!


What a treat to see my daughter roll completely from her back to her stomach this morning! I've seen her do a halfway roll from back to side but not the full 360. Of course I HAD to take a picflic of it. This is a huge milestone for her. It was on cue too. As soon as I asked her to roll she did. Or at least that is what I'd like to think. It doesn't hurt to think your kid is the smartest kid in the universe, right? Another new cute thing she is doing is smacking her lips or munching on them so that she can make these cute wet spongy noises. At this age EVERYTHING they do seems cute right down to the grunting noises they make when they are having a bowel movement. I know I've said this before but I will say it again anyways. It is so neat to see her do something new each day. However, gone are the days of leaving her on the activity mat alone so that I could use the bathroom. I actually found myself positioning a small mirror on the floor and leaving the bathroom door open so that I could keep an eye on her while I was on the think tank. Is that paranoia or just trying to be safe? Now that she can turn and roll, I am afraid she may do something to hurt herself. I used to be able to prop her up on the boppy while I cook dinner but I found out last week that this will have to stop because she knows how to scoot herself off or lean herself back over it. I guess the more freedom they gain the less we will have. Funny how that works.

No comments: