Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Is it too early to tell?


As she looks at herself in the mirror she smiles and shyly buries her face into my chest. I wonder if this is a clue to her identity. Is she going to be a shy person when she grows up? Has she inherited my quiet introverted personality instead of her father's outgoing nature? She took on switching from breast to bottle with little fuss. I hope this means that she won't be a finicky eater. She only took a day to get use to me being at work. Does this mean that she will be very adaptable to the changes life will bring? Is it too early to tell what kind of person she will be by the little glimpses of her that she shows us each day? It looks like she likes to be hugged and kissed. I hope she has taken on her father's affectionate behavior instead of my reserved one. I wonder how much of her personality is already "built in" versus what she will model from us. Either way I hope she only takes what is best from the both of us. I hope that it's not just wishful thinking.

No comments: