Thursday, July 19, 2007

What Women Want


It was like a scene from the movie "What Women Want." He came home with the very same bouquet of flowers that I almost bought at Target but decided against it thinking it would be too frivolous. It was accompanied by a case of ginger ale (which I have been craving all week), oreos, and polish sausage. I almost bought oreos and hotdogs the other day but again opted not to. I kept asking him "Are you in my head?" He then ran me a nice bath scented with white tea and ginger and had lit tea lights all around it. In the background was soft mellow jazz tunes. "Okay where am I and what have you done with him???" He never ceases to amaze me. Sometimes we are so in tune with each other it is scary. The other day he said he was thinking about boarding Bailey at Vipet and the next thing you know I had called him asking if I should kennel Bailey. We've often found ourselves reacting the same way to certain things or unknowingly pick the same things in the store. Is it because we have been with each other for more than half our lives (18 years to be exact) or are we more alike than we think?

No comments: