Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Happy Anniversary


I can't believe it's been 8 years already or 19 years if you count from when I first started seeing Erick in high school. He's been saying that he has been with me for over half his life. It seems a little ominous when you think about it that way. It seems like only yesterday when he was writing all over my arm in PreCal class or when he wrote me a note asking if I would go out with him (Check Yes, No, or maybe). I guess it's true what they say " Time flies when you are having fun." Of course over the years the marriage has taken a different flavor. Like wine they say, it gets better with time. Of course we have our squabbles from time to time but that is all a part of it. I feel really blessed to have found my soulmate so early in life. Especially someone who tries to be a devoted and caring husband and father.
We decided to celebrate really simple this year. No extravagant gifts or trips halfway around the world. A lot of it had to do with Isa but I think now that our life has changed so much we just preferred to have it a little quieter this year. Erick took Isa and I out to Downtown Disney where we shopped for Pixar toys and had Isa ride the carousel AGAIN :)
Check out her cute little legs standing on her own!

We then had a really light lunch at the Fulton's Crabhouse (do not recommend going there unless you want to feel robbed) then a wonderful dinner at Fishbones at Lake Mary (highly recommend it.) I had a delicious seafood bouillabaisse. Yum! Our waiter topped off our special evening with a slice of sinful chocolate cake soaked in Grand Marnier. He even decorated it with "Happy 8th Anniversary." How sweet was that?

No comments: