Wednesday, June 20, 2007

She said Mama...

Isa is starting to put consonants with vowels now. I was getting ready to wash her when all of a sudden she started saying mmmaaa mmmmma. Of course I had to help her along and proceeded to repeat the words"mama" in her ear. Shortly thereafter she was saying "mama." I got so excited I called Erick at work to let him listen and show him that I won "Isa's first word contest." She said Mama first!!! As expected the only thing Erick heard on the other line was silence followed by incomprehensible babble. "Sure thing El, I believe you." I then tried to video it for proof so that I could show Erick when he got home. Sure enough, the camera distracted her and all I could get was a little whining. However when Erick arrived home and held her in his arms, the first thing she said as clear as day was "mama." "Hah, I told you!!" The look in his eyes was priceless. Erick's humour kicked in and he proceeded to correct her. 'No no no no , you should be saying "Father, Father Dearest."

No comments: