Sunday, June 17, 2007

Happy Father's Day Erick

Isa and I could not wait for Father's Day to come so that we could present Erick with his gift. Everything had fallen into place beautifully. The gifts had arrived in the mail on Thursday and I was able to hide it from Erick till Sunday. I wanted to give him something personal to commerate his very first Father's Day. I didn't think any card would do. Luckily Shutterfly had photobooks you could make really easily. They already had layouts and backgrounds to choose from and all I had to do was upload the photos and provide the captions. I could not have been more pleased with how it turned out and I think Erick really liked it. (He thought it was better than the digital frame he gave me for Mother's Day.)

The boy stayed up so late playing his WOW that I could not get his gifts ready till the next morning, I had to wake up early on Sunday to wrap his gifts and assemble his desk chair. Afterwards I could not contain myself. I was like Tea Leoni in the movie "The Family Man." "I think you better check on Isa." "Aren't you going to check on Isa???" "GO CHECK ON ISA!!!" He loved the hardbound book of Isa and him. By coincidence I had taken a picture of him holding Isa's feet last week. I sepia toned it and used this for the cover of the book then aptly named it "Footnotes of Daddy and Me." I was able to fill it with pictures of him and Isa in a chronological manner from womb to present. I filled it with captions showing him how much Isa and I appreciated him.

We then treated him out to lunch at downtown Disney before he had to go to work.

It was fun trying on Mickey ears on Isa and taking loads of pictures.

Cheeeese


See if you can find me


This cost too much Daddy

We went away with a classic souvenir. Mickey Mouse ears embroidered with Isabella's name. I know Erick enjoys being a father and I hope he knows how lucky we feel to have him. I'm probably biased in saying this but I think we have one the best fathers out there. WE LOVE YOU ERICK!

1 comment:

XOsunnydaysXO said...

well, maybe i'm biased too, then. i agree, and am very proud to say that my brother has turned out to be a wonderful father. but, in all fairness, erick is also lucky to have a wonderful wife who is also a wonderful mother.

so happy to see you both with such a beautiful family...

when's the next coming?