Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Fall


I am definitely a fall person. I love the crisp cool weather it brings. The colors of orange, mustard, amber, and brown everywhere. We don't get the luxury of leaves changing here in Florida but we sure get some really nice weather this time of year. I think this is my favorite season in Florida with the exception that everything stays green. We took advantage of the climate change a couple of times already. Celebration could not have picked a better weekend to throw their annual Oktoberfest. It was about four weeks ago but I still recall how wonderful it was that night. The air was breezy and cool. They had a band of old German men playing folk songs. To top it off they even went to the trouble of dropping tons of paper leaves every hour on the main square just to make it feel like fall. I wondered who was going to clean it all up. We took Isa on a hayride around town with a crazy driver who thought he was a stuntman. He drove the cart standing on the horses backwards! It was fun in a nervous sort of way. Too bad it was too dark to really get a good picture of him. The pumpkin patch was spectacular this year. It looked like a scene from "It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown."




It was nice to wander around in it and take pictures with Isa. It really got us into the spirit. Speaking of Halloween, we could not wait to get Isa into her cute Ladybug costume. We even did a trial run weeks before.
Because Erick had to work on Halloween, we opted to take Isa out to the "Not So Scary Halloween" at Disney the Sunday before.


I don't know why we never did this before. We had so much fun. I think toting Isa gave us an advantage as far as getting candy. Her bag was stuffed to the brim with candy at the first pass. We took her on a couple of rides. My favorite of course was the "It's a Small World" ride which I hope will be her fave in the future. She looked mesmerized by all the different dancing dolls. I didn't really hear a peep out of her. I dont know if she was enthralled or just tired.

I had never done the Monster's Inc Interactive Laugh Floor. I think it was new but we had a lot of fun in it. It was basically 3D and 2D animated characters that interacted their comedy with the audience. As they told their skit they would flash pictures of people in the audience that most closely resembled that Monster's Inc character. To our pleasant surprise, the person they flashed up on the screen for the character "Boo" was Isa. I heard the whole audience say "Ahhhh" in unison. After the show was over, I heard someone say "She really does look like Boo." I was beaming with pride. It also gave me an idea for next Halloween's costume. All in all I think this Halloween was more for our enjoyment.

I can't wait for the time when she starts enjoying it although it's too bad that trick or treating is not like it used to be when we were kids.

No comments: