Thursday, April 12, 2007

Tax Deductible


Well, we finally did it! We were cuttin' it close but we finally got our butts down to the local H&R after 2 missed appointments. I don't know why we always delay because we've always gotten a refund ever since we bought a house. I know I procrastinated because I dreaded digging into 3 boxes of saved paperwork in the closet. I've been putting it off because I could not deal with sorting and filing 3 years worth of receipts and statements. Having Isa had forced me to downsize from a 2 drawer file cabinet that I had to get rid of to make room for Isa's nursery to a small brown leather file box.
Before she was even born we had bought her a onesie that had "tax deductible" written on the front as a joke knowing we were going to be able to claim her since she would be delivered before the tax year ended. The time finally came to see how deductible she really was. We dressed her up in the onesie and even had the tax lady pose for a picture next to her after we were done. Isa has got some sick parents. I know it seems wrong to think of your child in that way but we must not be the only ones because they actually made a onesie for such an occasion. I guess everyone needs a little break from Uncle Sam. Erick was so happy with the refund we were going to get that he told the lady that he was going to get started on the next four. Luckily the lady reminded him that the tax credit stops after two. Thank you!
Yeah! We're getting a refund!

2 comments:

Lek said...

I LOVE this shot- I think I'm going to have to add this my work desktop. Money is always welcome in our family!

Lek said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.